Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rudraksha and hematite

Some of you might remember.... from my trip to England in last November I had brought back some interesting beads - rudraksha beads, seeds of a large evergreen broad-leaved tree that grows in the area from the Gangetic Plain to the foothills of the Himalayas. I found them very interesting, but for a long time was unable to come up with a way of using them in my jewelry, since I had difficulty successfully matching them with any other material in my inventory. From the same trip I had also brought back a few strands of hematite cubes, which I hadn't had much more success in finding a use for. So yesterday as I was just going through all the beads and other interesting jewelry stuff that I have accumulated over the past year these two just miraculously found each other!! I'm tellin' ya, it was a love at first sight, a match made in heaven!!! :D I added some 2mm sterling beads, which brought the whole thing to perfection. But that is just my humble opinion and I better let you be the judge.
It is a simple design and just an easy stringing job, but it's not always the complex extravagant wire work that creates the effect, but the beauty in simplicity and harmony of materials.




Mõned teist ehk mäletavad veel.... oma novembrikuiselt reisilt Inglismaale tõin ma tagasi ühed huvitavad helmed - rudraksha helmed, mis on Himaalaja jalamil kasvava laialehelise igihalja puu seemned. Kuigi nad olid minu tähelepanu köitnud, ei osanud ma pikka aega neid oma ehetes kasutada, kuna mul ei õnnestunud leida nendega kokkusobivaid materjale. Samalt reisilt olin ma kaasa toonud ka paar nööritäit hematiidi kuubikuid, millele ei osanud ka leida õiget kasutust. Aga siis eile, sorteerides oma helmevarusid ning muud ehtekraami, mis sul aasta jooksul kogunenud on, leidsid need kaks ühtäkki teineteist! No ma ütlen, lausa armastus esimesest silmapilgust!! Ma lisasin veel 2mm hõbehelmeid, mis viis asja täiuseni ;) Aga see on vaid minu tagasihoidlik arvamus ning eks igaüks otsustagu ise. Disain on lihtne ning töö oli kerge helmeste nöörile lükkimine, aga alati ei loo efekti keerukas traadiväänamine, vaid lihtsuse ilu ning materjalide omavaheline harmoonia.

2 comments:

Katrix said...

Väga kaunis kee!

Anonymous said...

Tõeliselt kena ehe.
Lihtsuses peitub ilu.