Monday, October 6, 2008

Today was a really long, but extremely cool and interesting day at school. Well, not actually at school, since we took a field trip to see some forges and foundries in and near Tallinn. The most impressive one was at the BLRT (Baltic Ship Repair ....place :) ) where they had one of the largest forges in one building and another one was where they were casting iron.

At the foundry

At the forge

What can I say, I just LOVE fire and anything to do with it :D
After returning to school I decided to make the most of my day and stay to work few more hours. Hahaa, as usual, those "few" hours turned into a whole afternoon and I ended up leaving around 8om.
But, here is what I have to show for that time.

Here's a ring that I've been itching to try to make for a while, but had no clue on how to actually do it. When I started today, I was just as clueless, but as you can see, figured it out in the process. That is also why I started with copper instead of moving right to silver. And I'm glad that I did. This ring turned out kinda OK, but it is mainly a very good example of mistakes and things to avoid. So my next one's gonna be better and of silver. I actually started working on the silver one this evening, but as usual, messed up the soldering and had to start all over again, which led to frustration, which in turn let to pain and bleeding... literally :D


The second picture is of a bookmark, that I found the idea for online last night and couldn't wait to try out. Again, a perfect example of what tho do different the next time.

Oh, and btw, today I noticed a little round number at the bottom of my blog - 10,000 visits!!! Not new ones only though, but all new and returning ones. So congrads to me, yay!



1 comment:

Katrin mdmB said...

Ohsaa! Nii põnev! Sõrmusel on vahvad pontsakad ääred :P ja järjehoidja idee on super!